Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here


    Emulation

    Share
    avatar
    sir_shatsalot
    Gamer
    Gamer

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2011-05-04

    Emulation

    Post by sir_shatsalot on Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

    I think the greatest thing about the Dreamcast is it's ability to use emulators. I paid 15 bucks for it and can now play the entire Genesis and NES library on the tv, not to mention the MAME emulator which I haven't even begun to experiment with yet.
    Does anyone else here emulate on the DC?
    avatar
    Crono
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2011-05-03
    Location : Oregon

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Crono on Thu May 05, 2011 7:08 pm

    Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

    I would imagine playing Genesis or Saturn games with the Dreamcast's layout would be a little difficult.
    avatar
    TMM
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

    Posts : 133
    Join date : 2011-05-05
    Age : 34
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: Emulation

    Post by TMM on Thu May 05, 2011 7:25 pm

    Best part about the dreamcast is that it can play dreamcast games! Smile

    Have you tried Ikaruga? Propeller Arena? Very Happy
    avatar
    HoboFox
    Retro gamer
    Retro gamer

    Posts : 84
    Join date : 2011-05-02
    Age : 33
    Location : Port Huron, MI

    Re: Emulation

    Post by HoboFox on Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 pm

    I actually bought my Dreamcast with this fact in mind, yet never got around to doing it. I love the system though!
    avatar
    sir_shatsalot
    Gamer
    Gamer

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2011-05-04

    Re: Emulation

    Post by sir_shatsalot on Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 pm

    Crono wrote:Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

    I would imagine playing Genesis or Saturn games with the Dreamcast's layout would be a little difficult.

    The controller works alright, and i usually use my pc for emulation too, but when friends comeover its a lot easier to play multiplayer on the DC and relax in the living room. It's just more fun to play it on a tv than on a computer imo.
    avatar
    Czernobog
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2011-05-04
    Location : Chicago Land

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Czernobog on Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

    sir_shatsalot wrote:
    Crono wrote:Not on a Dreamcast. I never saw the point. I have an arcade pad that I can hook up to the PC and plan on making a cabinet, so that's a much better option, I think.

    I would imagine playing Genesis or Saturn games with the Dreamcast's layout would be a little difficult.

    The controller works alright, and i usually use my pc for emulation too, but when friends comeover its a lot easier to play multiplayer on the DC and relax in the living room. It's just more fun to play it on a tv than on a computer imo.

    I have to agree completely with this. Main reason I don't emulate even on the DC is I have so many systems at this point and I would rather play on the original controllers, but gathering around a tv with a group of friends for multiplayer is just a great time. There was also a 6-button controller (I believe by ASCII) released for the Dreamcast that resembled the Saturn & Genesis controllers, but I think it's a bit rare.


    _________________

    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/
    avatar
    Crono
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2011-05-03
    Location : Oregon

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Crono on Fri May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

    I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.
    avatar
    Marulu
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 248
    Join date : 2011-05-02
    Location : Germany

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Marulu on Fri May 06, 2011 3:10 pm

    Crono wrote:I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.

    no you´re not i done it too

    avatar
    Czernobog
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 244
    Join date : 2011-05-04
    Location : Chicago Land

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Czernobog on Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

    Marulu wrote:
    Crono wrote:I think I'm the only person on the internet who has a computer hooked up to a TV.

    no you´re not i done it too

    I have a laptop hooked up to a TV for doing things for watching Hulu, and I used to have a PC hooked to it, but it's just not convenient for me to game with multiple people using that setup.


    _________________

    Gaming Through the Ages Blog: http://gamingthroughtheages.blogspot.com/

    Sponsored content

    Re: Emulation

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 pm