Talking Classics

We love video games but were talking classics here

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

Chapel

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

Post by Chapel on Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 pm

I love this game. MvC2 is a bloated, unwieldy mess and MvC3 is... good. But different. Also I don't have the mostalgia attached to it yet.

MvC1 is awesome. I prefer 2-man tag systems (unless it's KOF) I loved how concise and fluid the roster is. (War Machine/Hulk combo is boss for me)

It was just so much fun playing this at the arcade at the movie theater where I lived when I was a teenager. I feel it's vastly under appreciated due to how "quantity over quality" MvC2 was and the amount of advertising it got. MvC3 I have nothing against as it stands on its own merits. Which I own on PS3 if anyone is ever down to play. (and yeah I have MVC2 on Xbox 360 but the controls are even worse in the recent port. Ruins an already mediocre game, I'm still down with that though to play.)

XBL, PSN, Raptr, Backloggery, Racketboy, steam, etc., screen name: brainofjtd
    Mykle

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

Post by Mykle on Mon May 09, 2011 12:55 am

I prefer MvC1 over MvC2. Mainly because the music and graphics fit really well and is a LOT more polished than MvC2 in every way. Shows how much graphics and music DO make a difference with your game-play experience.

Also on ScrewAttack:
    http://screwattack.com/shows/Sonic-the-Human
    Chapel

Post by Chapel on Mon May 09, 2011 1:35 am

It's more about the gameplay for me. There's just something about MvC2 that feels really out-of-whack. I don't "mind" unbalanced fighting games, I like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue for instance. But MvC2 is so unbalanced as to make almost half of the roster irrelevant and just plain NO FUN.

MvC is much more under control and every character has their own effectiveness because with the smaller roster comes more polish on each character. I'd rather have that than an enormous roster.

XBL, PSN, Raptr, Backloggery, Racketboy, steam, etc., screen name: brainofjtd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 am